Frequently Asked Questions

What steps should I take if I become a victim of identity theft?

If you have been a victim of identity theft, you have certain rights under the law. You should provide a copy of a valid police report to the credit reporting agencies and request that they block the reporting of the information that appears on your credit report as a result of identity theft. The law provides guidance to the credit reporting agencies on when to block and unblock such information.

Related FAQs