Frequently Asked Questions

I am retired and my income is from pension or social security. What will I need to provide?

We will ask for copies of your recent pension or social security award letters and bank statement showing the income is being deposited directly into your bank account. Sometimes it will also be necessary to verify that this income will continue for at least three years since some pension or retirement plans do not provide income for life.

If you’re receiving tax-free income, such as social security earnings, in some cases we can gross-up the income by 25% to help those with social security qualify for their mortgage.

Related FAQs