Will the inquiry about my credit affect my credit score?
You must contact the credit agencies directly and dispute the reported item. We suggest only opening a dispute after you have completed your mortgage transaction. Following is the information on how to contact the agencies:
Transunion Consumer Relations
PO Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
Equifax Information Svc. LLC
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
- I am retired and my income is from pension or social security. What will I need to provide?
- How can I obtain a free credit report?
- What steps should I take if I become a victim of identity theft?
- What if my credit score is too low?
- How do I dispute an item on my credit report?
- What is a credit score and how does it affect my application?
- What if my homeowner’s insurance is up for renewal?
- How do I complete the application if I was in school before obtaining my current job?
- How should I complete the application if I am relocating to a new job that I haven’t started yet?
- How will rental income be verified?
- I have income from dividends and/or interest. What documents will I need to provide?
- Do I have to provide information about my child support, alimony or separate maintenance income?
- What are some tips for completing the online application?
- How will you verify income on a self-employed applicant?
- Will my second job income be considered?
- Will my overtime, commission, or bonus income be considered when evaluating my application?
- I have student loans that aren’t in repayment yet. Will those be counted in my debt to income ratio?
- What debt do you include in my debt to income ratio?
- Why do you need information about other properties I own?
- Is a gift from someone else an acceptable source of my down payment?
- What will be required if I withdraw money from a 401(K) account for my down payment?
- What should I do if I’m not sure about the annual real estate taxes?
- What if I’m not sure about the property value, sales price or amount I want to borrow?
- What do I do if I can’t retrieve or print out the electronic disclosures, or have some other problem with them?